Hill Coeffcient Tutorial
We will return to this kinetics simulator one final time
The rate can be controlled in excess of FOUR Orders of Magnitude. We did NOT change anything but the Hill coefficient.
- Move the Km slider to it minimum number
- Move the [S] slider out to about 2 or so
- Make note of the rate that results (look at the digital readout in the middle panel)
- Now move the "Hill coefficient" slider up toward 3
- Make note of what happens to the red line in the graph as you slide it
- Make note of how much the rate decreases at this [S].